Sunday, July 11, 2010

Chapter 21

Chapter 21 proved to be an excellent reiteration of what I have learned in every single history course I've ever taken. I studied the Great Depression in depth after reading The Grapes of Wrath. I discovered how awful trench warfare is in All's Quiet on the Western Front. And I learned that war really is hell, after watching Saving Private Ryan, Band of Brothers, and The Pacific.

That being said, I still found chapter 21 very interesting and informative. It is always good to look at history from different perspectives to really gain a better understanding of the whole.

In an interview, Mel Brooks once said, "I was never crazy about Hitler...If you stand on a soapbox and trade rhetoric with a dictator you never win...That's what they do so well: they seduce people. But if you ridicule them, bring them down with laughter, they can't win. You show how crazy they are."

Below are some clips while in ridiculously bad taste, fit perfectly with what Brooks was trying to convey.


No comments:

Post a Comment